It's a cool rainy day in Atlanta and I woke up this morning craving a delicious vegetarian soup! We made a grocery store run before logging on to his virtual class. My plan was to cook while he was in school, and be done by lunch time. I succeeded!
I decided on a flavorful, vegetarian lasagna soup. It's definitely soup season, and I'm here for it! As much as I love pasta dishes I needed to make something loaded with vegetables, minimum vegan cheese, bold flavor and most important filling! Since Nolan is a growing boy and my metabolism at an all time high we need to get full without feeling sluggish. Because we all know we are what we eat! (The measurements are based on the family size, alternate as needed).
Let's get into these ingredients:
1 box of lasagna
1 container of cubed organic butternut squash
1 can of tomato sauce
1 can of tomato paste
1 can of diced tomatoes
1-2 cartons of low sodium vegetable stock
5-6 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2- 1 organic green pepper
2-3 teaspoons of organic basil
1-2 teaspoons of organic thyme
1 teaspoon of organic oregano
1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt
1-2 teaspoons of olive oil
2-3 cups of spinach
Follow Your Heart vegan cheese (optional)
1. In a large pot, bring carton(s) of low sodium vegetable stock to a boil.
2. Over low to medium heat, add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Stir occasionally.
3. Wash and dice garlic and bell pepper, saute in skillet with a small amount of olive oil.
4. Add organic basil, thyme,oregano and pink Himalayan salt to pot. Also add sauteed garlic, chopped organic bell peppers and rinsed cubed butternut squash . Add tomato paste and stir. Keep heat at reduced temperature and cover.
5. Break uncooked lasagna into desired size. Add to pot, increase heat between medium and high. Stir occasionally.
6. Wash spinach and add to pot, add a about 2 teaspoons of olive oil and stir.
7. Cook until desired tenderness of pasta. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and vegan cheese!
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy healthy recipe!! Please comment and share!